Current projects of the German Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty
In addition to annually recurring projects such as Cities for Life or the World Day against the Death Penalty, the German Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty regularly has various projects and campaigns in the works. Currently these were and are among others:
- On the occasion of the World Day Against the Death Penalty on October 10, 2020, members of the German Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty supplied libraries, world stores, etc. in their places of residence with our book “Leben im Todestrakt – Life on Death Row”.
- Theater project with the Westfälisches Landestheater: Scenic reading “The Death Penalty in Texas” – the German Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty and Amnesty International Wiesbaden wanted to bring the reading to the Hessisches Staatstheater Wiesbaden on November 30, 2020 – due to corona the performance had to be cancelled. Another attempt at a later time is planned.
- German Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty was a partner in the art project “International Youth Art Competition for the Abolition of the Death Penalty” 2020/21 and was looking for interested youth and schools to participate. The deadline for submission had been extended to March 1, 2021.
- A performance of the above scenic reading at various schools in the Rhein-Main area with a follow-up discussion is also being considered – for 2021 or 2022, if the Corona crisis allows it again.
- Competition “Creating a video clip” for the abolition of the death penalty for students e.g. in the field of graphics and design.
- In 2022, the German Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty will be 25 years old – working title for actions: “Unfortunately, we’re still around…”
In addition, members of the German Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty will continue to participate in future events such as the World Congress Against the Death Penalty, which takes place every three years: